• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sound Issues When Chasing Play (BBC HD)

smcicr

Established Member
Hi,

Tried to watch Heroes on BBC HD last night using the chase play feature (both eps recording plus the prog after each ep - i missed the end last week due to the scheduling slip :() I started trying to watch the first ep at about 9.30. The sound was so broken up that it was unwatchable.

I checked the real time BBC HD and that was fine and then left it until the first ep had finished before trying to watch it but had the same problem.

I've checked the recording this morning and it seems fine so I'm guessing that you can't use chasing play on HD channels - is it just too much for the box?

Has anyone else found this? I've done a search on it but couldn't find anything so apologies if it's been posted before.

(I wasn't recording anything else at the same time on another channel by the way, just for info.)

Cheers,

Jason.

trent steel

Prominent Member
Hi,
I don't have any issues when doing what you say, you might want to try turning the box off at the socket for 30 seconds or doing a planner rebuild if that does not work

Thanks

smcicr

Established Member
Thanks for that - I have actually done a planner rebuild anyway as some of the programme info was showing mixed up and that led to the list by A-Z function not working and then the 'there are no programmes in your planner' message coming up.

The drive was very nearly full when I had the problems - around 5% free - could that have had anything to do with it?

Cheers,

Jason.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom