Sound issue Panasonic 65GZ950/Sky W/Denon AVR4500. Help pls

ener1

I’m not sure whether it’s a Denon Sky Q or Panasonic issue. When I turn on watching TV through the Harmony remote. I often don’t get sound through my speakers. I turn everything off and on again and then sound comes through fine. This is the same when I use Netflix through the app on the Panasonic tv (I select TV audio on the remote) no sound….turn everything off and on again and it works! Any pointers to what issue might be? Could it be a dodgy HDMI cable between the Panasonic tv and Denon receiver? The tv is a Panasonic 65GZ950
Thanks very much

ashenfie

I have used the 65GZ950 and Denon 4500 together with a Harmony with no issues. No used SkyQ thu. The only issues the Harmony could give is if it didn't set all the devices correctly, i.e. correct HDMI etc etc.

Hope that helps

ener1

I have narrowed it down to the Panasonic tv. This morning again no sound. Left Sky Q box and Denon receiver on. Switched off the Panasonic, turned it back on and sound was back. Could it be that the HDMI cable is dodgy? ( I need to take tv off the wall if that’s the case but thought I would ask first) or a Viera issue?
Thanks for any input
Ener1

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom