Sound issue on a LG 42LH4000 LCD screen

nlldavies

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help please? I have an outstanding issue on my LG 42LH4000 which is really disrupting my enjoyment of this unit.

The problem has been reported to LG and two different engineers have been out to look at it, once to update the firmware and then to replace a mainboard which was put back to the original once it was found it made no difference.

My issue is that I can hear a low level background hiss on most channels including HD ones as well as from my PS3 input. The engineers that have come out say they can't and blame the humm on my Sky box ... this I can also hear and it is not that!!!

It does not change in volume when the volume is adjusted, but is contantly there. It initially started as a hiss when ever a soundbyte was sent to the TV (silence then someone speaks you get the hiss) but since the firmware upgrade it is now constant.

I have plugged in headphones and the hiss is not evident.
I have changed to SCART input and the hiss is not evident.
I can play music from USB and the hiss is not evident.
It is only evident when either of the HDMI inputs are used. I've tried different cables without any success.

The LG engineer has now asked me to contact Sky to get my Sky box changed .... which is quite a stupid request (and sounds like a fob off) seeing as the hiss is evident from another source.

Please could someone give me advice to sort this.

Thanks in advance
Nige

Update on this now. LG have now classed the TV as BER (Beyond Economical Repair) and have advised me to return it to where I purchased it from, which I have now done.

I'm quite dissapointed at sending the TV back as the picture quality was absolutley spot on for me.

Anyway, now I have to decide on what to replace it with and I am currently looking at either an LG 42LE5900 or a Panasonic TX-L42D25B.

Any advice on these two units would be gratefully received.

Cheers

I have owned the LG 42LE5900 for about 18months and am very pleased with it, the only issue I have encountered is that that when using a u.s.b.stick,, it will not display films, only music and pictures !, I have heard that there is a crack that will enable this feature.

All done and dusted now. Eventually picked a Samsung LE40C740R2K. Lost 2" in screen size but gained 200Mhz and 3D which is very impressive ... off PS3 at least for now as that is the only source I have.

After having reservations about returning equipment to an online store I have to give credit to LG and the online supplying company (unsure if I can name them) who turned the collection and refund around very quickly and it has definetly not put me off purchasing online again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom