Sound issue Denon AVR-4500H receiver. Any suggestions?

ener1

I have the following setup: Panasonic tv/SkyQ/Denon AVR-4500H
All worked fine till a few weeks ago. When i turn everything on, TV/Denon/Sky Q box all come on fine but there is no sound! I turn everything off, turn it on again and (generally) the sound through the 5-1 set up is back on. Sometimes i just get a faint sound through the centre speaker only, turn it off again and sound is all ok. I checked the cables etc...all fine. Latest firmware installed on Sky Q. Any ideas what could cause this irritating issue?
Thanks very much for any suggestions
Ener1

gibbsy

Is the Denon working as normal with another input? Blu ray player?

ener1

Hi thanks for the reply. I just tried the Blu-ray player and no issues. I updated the firmware iof the Panasonic tv as well . Started up SKY Q/Denon and sounds comes on now instantly. Will try again later to see if it has resolved the issue permanently

gibbsy

I have SkyQ, Panny OLED and Denon AV amp. Sky is usually the problem and have given me headaches in the past. My connects are SkyQ>Denon (in passthrough)>Panny. Sky settings Dolby DIgital Plus. Some times there is no audio from Sky and the box has to be turn off and back on which usually sorts it.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom