1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound interference problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by seth2, Feb 22, 2003.

1. seth2

seth2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've recently purchased a new Panasonic TX32PL1 and have a problem with interference on the sound (hissing, etc) from the built in speakers - at first I thought it was just poor reception form the aerial, but having investigated further it also occurs whilst playing any DVD via SCART connection and the noise even continues from the speakers if I mute the sound. It appears to be an intermitant problem although has carried on all afternoon today.

Am I being stupid or do I need to go back to the suppliers and create hell?!

Many Thanks
    Steve.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some TV speakers do make a little noise (like a 'sssshhhh') even with the volume very low when connected to sources like DVD players - this is normal but you should only be able to hear it if you put your ear up to the speaker.

But if you're muting the speakers and can still hear the 'noise' then that doesn't sound right at all.

I would unplug everything that's even remotely near the TV and move them all away from the TV. Then see if the 'noise' is still there. If it's not, then it means there is some interference from something so you can start putting things back one by one and hopefully deducing what is causing the problem. If the noise is still there when everything is unplugged, I would contact your dealer.