• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sound help

plasticboy

Standard Member
i have a Samsung LE32R74BD 32" LCD TV and the sound is pretty awful.
i sorted this by connecting it to my pioneer djm600 which is connected to
a technics amp with two output speakers.

Im moving house so want something simpler. I dont know if i need an amp, an AV or home cinema? i cant use the technics amp as that is for the decks.

any info greatly appreciated as i dont want to buy the wrong thing! just need to get decent sound :)

MarkE19

If you just want 2 speakers beside the TV then all you need is a basic HiFi amp & speakers. the LCD TV will have stereo RCA/phono outputs that you plug into one of the amps inputs.
If you want more than 2 speakers then you can go the Home Cinema route, ie AV receiver plus speakers or an all-in-one system. However you will only get Dolby Pro Logic 2 matrix surround as TV signals are only stereo. You would however get 5.1 sound from DVD's.

Mark.

M

MikeFish

Dude, you're in the wrong forum. Go back to the main page and try asking in the All-in-one systems bit (it's the 5th from the top). The guys there will know more about the system you have asked for thoughts on.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom