Sound help between AV receiver and stereo AMP

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Mark31385, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Mark31385

Mark31385

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

Just a quick one please, i curently have a Sony STR-DA1200ES receiver and a Sony DVP-S725D dvd player for my CD playback. I'm looking to get a dedicated Amp and CD player, my budget is £500 maybe abit more, and am using B&W 601 s3 speakers.

My questions are will i notice any difference in sound quality, if so what and what kit would you guys reccomend?

2. Alan Mac

Alan Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248

It is unlikely that you will notice any significant difference in sound quality, unless you have a good imagination.

The items which have a real substantial effect on sound quality are the acoustics of the listening room, the loudspeakers and their placement within the room and of course the quality of the original recording.

Alan

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i'd personally disagree...AV amps have a tendency to really mess up music and make it very sterile. It is a bit fiddly though balancing an integrated amp and a AV amp in the same system. I'd suggest powering your 601s with an extra power amp run from the preouts of your Sony AV amp. Have a look for a Arcam P85. An excellent power amp and will really suit your 601s. If you're lucky you'll find one for less than £200 (new price they're £500 or so). A Alpha 9p or 10p would also do.