1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound gone, Samsung LE32R51BD

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rippedcap, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Rippedcap

Rippedcap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been the owner of a Samsung LE32R51BD for just over 24 hours now. After I'd switched over some of the connections at the back, adding a new device on S-Video (with both powered off), I now have no sound at all (from any source, including standard TV).

I've done all the obvious things, checked mute, checked the menu 'mute' option, used the volume on the remote, and the buttons on the side all to no avail.

Also, there is no sound through the headphone jack.

The sources are working as my amp is playing the sound fine.

It looks like a support call in the morning but if anyone can shed any light I'd be very grateful.

(I'll update this post with the results of the support call anyhow but thanks in advance).

Cheers,

-- Rip

2. Rippedcap

Rippedcap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Properly broken... replacement tomorrow :)

3. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Wow, I thought their service was supposed to be pants, was it a call to samsung or the supplier?

4. Rippedcap

Rippedcap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Product was bought from Currys (I managed to get the to price match the offer from Comet so I'm collecting the 850 HD DVD tomorrow as well :) ) so first call was to Mastercare who put me through to Samsung. The only option under warranty was a free repair (which is fair enough). I called the store back who accepted that it was faulty and will replace it for me tomorrow when they get one in stock.

Cheers,

-- Rip