1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound glitch on PV500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zixer, Oct 28, 2005.

1. zixer

zixer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Every now and again I get a sudden absence of sound for about a second, no rhyme or reason for it, completely random. It is hooked up to a sky box, which I use for all channels, but it is the same box as I used for my old CRT and that certainly didn't display this problem. DVD's seem to be OK too.
    Anyone else had this or have any suggestions?
    Otherwise very happy with the telly, as long as that Eurosport logo *always* goes away after a day... :rolleyes:

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dodgy connection from the sky box to the tv possibly..even the box itself..worth checking first

3. acrmorris

acrmorris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If other sources are OK, it definitely sounds like a dodgy connection. Unless you also get blocking on the screen in which case it may be the wind! I know I'm having wind problems at the moment :D

4. zixer

zixer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's still doing it! A hiccup in the sound for about a second :mad:
    Now the thing is, my parents live about a mile away from me and they have the exact same telly a, 42PV500, but obviously with their own sky box etc :rolleyes: , and they have exactly the same problem!
    I've got an expensive scart cable, they have a regular one, from Skybox to telly, I cant see how it could be connection problems? Not the same fault, on both sets.
    Oh and I also phoned my friends with Sky in the surrounding area, no problems with sound.
    It is a weird one for sure.