Sound from Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Deaflugs, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Deaflugs

Deaflugs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just set up a Marantz SR5200 AV receiver + B&W speakers for small home cinema system and am having problems :
    1) Cant seem to get On screen display so that I can set up speakers correctly.
    2) What sound should I get from Sky Digi box (I get sound from all speakers using from DVD player) but only front channels (R/L + centre) from Sky Movies. (Scart from Digi box to TV and Audio R/L to Marantz.

Am I missing something (maybe a brain!)??

Any ideas please. :lease:

2. Brian P

Brian P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

As far as I am aware you can only get stereo sound from a standard digi-box. You need Sky+ with an optical connection to your amp to get Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. I am not familiar with the Marantz but I would have guessed that if you can select Dolby Prologic II as the input mode you should get pseudo surround sound from the stereo signal via your scart connection.
    Hope this helps.

3. graham w

graham w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky will have at least a pair of audio outputs on the box,connect these to your amp.The amp should have various inputs on the rear so select the source from the remote or from front panel.
    On screen menu is connected by an s-video lead to the tv on a denon amp so it way well be this way for yours.

4. Deaflugs

Deaflugs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads for getting back so quick.. I have sussed out the on screen problem....... :) a connection often helps!!!
    I guess I may have to bite the bullet and get a Sky+ box if I want to get a half decent sound for films. Sky are not my favourite company as they seem more ken to attract new customers than look after existing ones. Unfortunately I can't get Freeview and I get rubbish reception on normal TV.
    Any other alternatives???