• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sound from dvd player

steve 57

Standard Member
sound from dvd player
sound from dvd player
hi have hooked up a upscaling dvd player to a sony 40v 4000 via hmdi lead have sound when my denon reciever is on giving dolby digital but no sound from the tv when it is off digital output on the dvd is set to ALL tried pcm setting on dvd then have sound on tv but the reciever then holds on dolby pl 2 x how can you have pcm output and sound from the tv:lease: digital outputs are /off /pcm /or /all /any help please .

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Use a separate audio connection to the amp i.e. optical or digital coax and run the hdmi straight to the TV.

steve 57

Standard Member
Use a separate audio connection to the amp i.e. optical or digital coax and run the hdmi straight to the TV.
thanks already hooked up this way via optical to amp and hdmi to tv dvd does not seem to have bitstream output maybe this is the problem .

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom