1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound from Component connection on tv?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bussta, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Bussta

Bussta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that by using the component connection you revieve the best image from a dvd player, I have this option on my tv (Panasonic 32PD50), but no where to put an audio signal in? there is audio out L & R but nothing so that I will be able to get sound from the dvd player. So do I plug a scart in aswell as the component, and will the component override the scart, but the sound still come from the scart???

am confused please help.

2. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm...well you have a superb TV there - so why not get a superb surround sound system to go with it? ( I'll take it from your post you don't have an AV amp or a 'one box' surround system)

Seems to me like you have a few choices:

1. If you dont have much cash left (the PD50 isnt cheap after all !!) or you just dont want lots of silver/black boxes stacked up in your living room then buy a 'one box' surround sound system.
    These are conveient but compromise in sound quality.

2. If you dont mind some silver/black boxes and have the cash then get a really great 'seperates' surround sound system - centered around a good AV Amplifier - from somewhere like Richer Sounds. :clap:

http://ws4.richersounds.com/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=AVRECEIVERS&sort=price

3. Put up with 'analogue' sound from DVD player through your TV using the scart lead.

Sounds like the scart lead is your only port of call for 'analogue' audio from your DVD player. I think you will be able to set which sort of video output (RGB or Component) to use in the DVD players menu - but i dont know the model you use to be able to say for sure.

Would be a shame to have such a great picture from your DVD player and TV and be listening to 'second rate' analogue sound - whilst also not having proper DD or DTS 5.1 system to listen to.

Its these digital surround systems that make movie watching come to life imho.

Not only that but you will have a great 5.1 system for very ittle out-lay.

Try this one to match your TV...

http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct_clearancebargains&pid=PANA-SCHT520

...you could even sell your current DVD player - or use it in the bedroom etc - as this system comes with everything - including a DVD Player.

3. Bussta

Bussta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CHEERS MEDIA MAN

You have been really helpful,

I'm gonna defo have a look at that panasonic system.

Thanks again for taking the time out to advise me :thumbsup:

4. Media_Man

Media_Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My pleasure.

Let me know how you get on - and if the neighbours approve of your new purchase...or not...!!?? ;)