1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound from a DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markyboy, Jun 27, 2005.

1. markyboy

markyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if I can play a self recorded DVD on a CD player and just lsiten to the sound ??

I have a Panasonic E55 and have recorded music from the music channels and wondered if I can play the DVD in a CD player just for the sound ?? - or would I need to sample the sound onto a blank CD using a PC??? (if THAT'S possible !!)

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Short answer is no, you would be trying to play a dvd in a cd player so the answer was self evident :lesson:

you could extract the audio from the dvd, and using nero or such create an audio cd from the audio (if converted to say a mp3/wav etc)

3. marting2

marting2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    markyboy's question is very similar to mine yesterday. Someone suggested dvdripper to convert dvd to mp3 from:

http://www.goripper.com/dvd-to-mp3.html

But the free download only lets you convert 5 minutes. Full product costs $29. I only want to convert one thing, so it's not worth it for me, but maybe for you if you need to do lots......unless there is something else available.

4. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  5. marting2

marting2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - sounds a bit fiddly to me, but I may give it a go. Is the sound quality likely to be as good doing it this way?

6. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've not tried it yet!