1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound fault?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by danny-p, Jun 14, 2004.

1. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After installing XP Pro this message comes up every time i try and play back a music file...Basically audio on anything won't work...Dvd's/video's play fine but again no audio and i keep getting this message?
    I have on board sound btw...

0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that may be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.
    Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation.
    You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again.
    Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check device manager. Likely you haven't installed the on-board sound driver.

You'll find it on your mainboards driver/install disc.

:smoke:

3. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the advice but i am pretty new to pc stuff and once in device manager what am i looking for?
    The pc was built by a friend..but we still should have a disk though right?
    Cheers
    Danny

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're looking for a device with an exclamination mark (!) in yellow. Double click on it (or right click & properties) & install driver. Point it at your mainboard install CD & it should auto-install.

You might be able to run the install directly from the board's install CD.

If it doesn't show in device manager, click "view, show hidden devices".

hope you get it sorted.

:smoke: