1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Dynamics

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by m@rk, Jan 6, 2003.

1. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    I'll post this here as I am sure there are others out there with the same setup.

TV = Tosh 36ZP18P
    DVD = Tosh 210

Video goes via component, sound via optical

Now when watching films off DVD, the dynamics do not seem very good.

For example, when the film goes from a quiet scene to say a shootout, things don't seem to get any louder.

Indeed I tend to find as the film goes on, I keep turning up the volume so I may start with the volume at 30 but end up with it on 50.

I have checked all the settings for the DVD and TV incase there was a setting for reducing the dynamics that had been switched on but it hasn't.

So has anybody else noticed this?

2. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same set up but don't have this problem - sorry.

By the way - I bought a seperate Sub for this last week and it has made a massive difference to the sound over the built in one.

If you've got a spare hundred quid knocking around I'd seriously consider it.

Cheers
    OG

3. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    How do you have it connected?

4. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a phono lead going from the "FIXED" audio output on the back of the TV (either the left or right doesn't matter which) to the Sub.

This caters for NTL, Video etc but doesn't pick up the sound for the DVD (possibly because it's coming in via digital optical) and so I also have a phono lead going from the left (again doesn't matter if left or right) analogue out on the DVD player to the Sub.

Just plug the relevant lead in to the Sub depending on what you're watching - I'm getting a 2 to one phono adapter to save having to unplug/plugin the relevant one but works a treat.