Sound drops out on Panasonic DMR-50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thehorse, Jul 1, 2004.

1. thehorse

thehorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a two-year old Panasonic DVD recorder and while I've been really happy with it, all of a sudden something deeply irritating has been happening with it.

I put a disc in hit, 'play' and there's no sound. This can go on for ages (ie, with different discs, pre-recorded or home-recorded, and after pulling the power out, effectively rebooting it).

So far, it's always started working again, but presently it's completely random whether I'll have any sound or not.

Is this a common fault? Any other users experienced anything similar? Do you think it can be fixed?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,935
    Sounds alot more like a loose or damaged Scart leads to me. Are you sure the connections are properly/securely connected at the back and on the TV? Have you tried different leads? What are your audio settings in the Setup menu?