1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound drop outs since software upgrade

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by shoestring25, Sep 8, 2005.

1. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    i recently got the new software upgrade for my sky + and now when ever im watching the sound keeps going from normal volume to almost inaudable then back to loud all the time. its making watching my sky + unbarable.

is there any way to go back to the old software version and then disconect the phone line to prevent getting the new upgrade.

any suggestions welcome :lease:

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    There is no way to use an old software version (that i know of) as it downloads it from the satelite not the phone line.
    You could try to reinstall the software by unplugging the sky box. hold down the backup button on the box the plug it back in.
    you will get a black screen with a message, wait 10 mins and see what happens...

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You could try a forced software download - it wouldn't take you back to the old version, but it's possible that the new version didn't take properly.