Sound drop out on Sky+ recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by scitech, Apr 17, 2005.

1. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Over the last two or three days I have found that while watching recordings from the last week I get the occasional spot of sound drop out on my unmodded Pace V2. Mostly it's repeatable in the same spot, sometimes not.

I am using the RCA outputs into a surround amp and the channels it's happened on are varied - The Simpsons on Sky One, CSI on UK Living, The Core on Sky Movies etc. Weather these artifacts (Is artifacts the right word? Maybe anti-artifacts?) are occuring live I don't know because we hardly ever watch anything live anymore.

I am aware of the problem with the Sky+ 160 boxes but that seem to be a problem with the DD output so it doesn't seem to apply here.

I have tried a housekeeping but it has still happened to recordings made prior to the housekeeping but I haven't watched anything new yet to see if it's still happening.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I have drop outs on my Amstrad and they normally only occur on the UK channels. Most of these drop outs do not happen again if I rewind and play the same but again.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Early signs of HD problems. :( Not terminal though. :)

A full reset (not planner rebuild) should sort it out. Don't forget you'll lose everything in the planner when you do this.

A. Dork

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I forgot to mention that mine does it when I'm watching live as well as on recorded stuff, so could be a different problem to the original post.