Sound Delay thro Home Cinema & sky+

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by karenal, Sep 8, 2007.

1. karenal

karenal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    New to this forum- but any help would be appreciated.

I've recently purchased a 40 sony LCD 40w2000 with a hdd/dvd unit (sony)- i also have a sony cinema system-- with sky+

When the cinema unit is on with sky--there is a delay in the sound and visual ---what i would consider as bad dubbing---the person speaking is not timed as the same as the words coming out of the cinema unit.

I have been advised to use an optical lead between the sky+ box and the cinema unit---but that has made no difference.
    Also, someone has also said that they are aware of this concern - and they are unaware of any fix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    not sure about sky+ but with sky hd there is an option in the audio menu (go to services, system set up, audio settings) to adjust the optical out put delay, you can then change the delay untill you get a setting in which the audo matches the picture, just remember to save the setting each time you change it. If its not on sky+ some amps also have the ablity to adjust the optical delay, so check your manual.

3. karenal

karenal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks-- i'll give it a try

4. karenal

karenal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chic

Appears that the settings that you spoke about are available on some sky boxes--checked a local sony centre that has sky connected to their tv's--- and there is and option where you can set the audio per millisecond---this was on a normal sky+ box.

Only problem - on checking mine their is no option.
    As to why this is - that will be my next check with sky----is it only available on later boxes--or is it a software update that is needed on by box?

Thanks for the advice again-- hopefully it has pointed me in the right area

5. scarty16

scarty16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    most of the time these delays are caused by the t, which is slower than the audio signal.

You need a device to delay the sound, this can be achieved either by the sky+ box (if available) definitely available in Sky HD. Or the second option is via your amp, most these days have a signal delay option.

6. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    not sure about sky+ but its definately on sky hd under audio options, just look to see if its there.