1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound delay on Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by billysmith, Jun 11, 2005.

1. billysmith

billysmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone help me with a sound delay problem on Philips plasma, particularly when receiving some Sky channels. DVD plays OK. Perhaps it is a connection problem. TV is linked to DVD (cinema surround) system and sky box through scart connectors.

2. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,553
    Before blaming your connection or the plasma you should know that it is more than likely to be Sky itself.

Sky is known for problems with sound delay although I must say that it is getting better.

If you are suffering these symptoms:

(i) Sound is delayed (i.e. behind the picture)
    (ii) Doesn't happen all the time and not on all the channels

Then I'm 90% sure it is a Sky problem.

However, if you are finding that the sound is ahead of the picture and happens all the time on all channels then it is likely you are seeing a lip-sync problem which you can fix (if using a seperate AV Amp) by either using the Amp's delay function (if it has one) or using an external delay (such as the Felston).

However, from what you have said I think you are seeing the former (down to Sky) and there is not a lot you can do about it.

Cheers,

Nigel

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +474
    try a search here for 'lip sync' you'll get more info than you you can shake a stick at! (whatever that means)