• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sound delay on one box but not other!

schmeeb

Standard Member
Hi
I apologise if this is elsewhere, but I searched over 100 pages and kinda lost the will to carry on!!!!
My problem is, we bought a new toshiba all singing all dancing digibox / dvd recorder and after programming, there is a delay between sound and picture. It's driving us nuts!
we thought it might be the aerial, but we have a really cheap box upstairs in the bedroom and that works absolutely perfectly!
Is it the aerial? Any help or advice would be very gratefully appreciated

scribbler101

Established Member
Very hard to see how it could possibly be the aerial , or, indeed, anything other than a productr fault. Get oyur money back from the vendor!

r arthur - what did you do?

radioredcat

Established Member
It won't be down to the aerial i would do as scibbler says take it back.
It's funny but i was in asda today and was looking at the lcd sets and they all had bbc1 on them and you would expect all the pictures to change at the same time but they didn't and one of the sets was about 3 secs behind the others it looked weired.
But i am keeping my crt for as long as possible till HD is established.

andy

scribbler101

Established Member
It won't be down to the aerial i would do as scibbler says take it back.
It's funny but i was in asda today and was looking at the lcd sets and they all had bbc1 on them and you would expect all the pictures to change at the same time but they didn't and one of the sets was about 3 secs behind the others it looked weired.
But i am keeping my crt for as long as possible till HD is established.

andy
That is a big problem to come. I have a central hallway from which sound from 3 tvs is audible. Not good when out of sync.

At the moment I can set all to analogue to solve it.

scribbler101

Established Member
Here's another funny one the analogue from winter hill and the wrekin are out of sync but the digital is not.

andy
That must mean they are using some digital transmission before the public sender? Can't see how else get delay unless bouncing it off satellites.

If you go onto teletext which one's clock is accurate? Wrekin's clock changes minute exactly in time with my radio clocks. Is W Hill time wrong? I mean, we know they are backwards up there, but...

radioredcat

Established Member
Thats something i not noticed but the teletext is buried in the analogue signal so if two transmitters are out of sync then so will the time.
Anyway we have 10 months left and then that won't be a problem at least the wrekin is ok till 2011.

andy

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom