Question Sound cutting in and out on Panasonic Plasma TV

JustEd

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma TV. The sound cuts in and out constantly. I'll get a second and a half of sound, then a second and a half of no sound. It is constant, and started suddenly.

The remote is also malfunctioning. All I can do is turn the TV on and off, and change the screen format, although that is limited as well.. I can't change input, use volume or mute, etc. The batteries in the remote are new.

I don't know if the two are related, but suspect that perhaps they are because they both started at the same time.

I don't know if the two are related, but suspect that perhaps they are because they both started at the same time.

Does the sound cut out on all inputs?
Easy way to check if the remote is causing it is to put it in another room or remove the batteries.
Can you change input and adjust the volume etc using the buttons on the set itself?
If you can, that means your remote is faulty or in the wrong mode...Check it's in Tv mode and not VCR or DVD mode.

Thanks for the help.

The remote doesn't have other modes. It is just for the TV. I took the batteries out and the problem persisted. I got a new one, but it doesn't seem to be working too well either.

I also did what you said, and cannot control volume or channels from set itself. Next, I bought a soundbar, hooked it up, and got the same problem through the soundbar. It appears that the problem is with the set itself. Frustrating because it isn't even 4 years old.

I tried hooking up a DVD player to make sure that it isn't related to the X-Box, but I m unable to change inputs because the remote doesn't work, so it appears that I am going to have to get a new TV (unless there are some more words of wisdom out there).

Last edited:
It's not in hotel mode by any chance, is it?

As in this post (which links to the explanation here).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom