Sound cuts out on ATV 4K with LG OLED CX77

mkoenig4

Novice Member
I’m having a major sound issue with ATV 4K connected to an LG OLED CX 77 which is connected to a Sonos Arc sound bar via HDMI eARC. Sound cuts out every other second. Doesn’t always do it. Occurs after watching a Dolby Atmos program from the ATV and then switching to watch something else on the ATV. Doesn’t stop when I restart the ATV and the TV. When it occurs it continues even if I totally disconnect the Sonos Arc from the TV and it continues if I switch the audio to the TV’s internal speakers. The sound cut out is not heard if I try listening directly from the ATV via Bluetooth with Air Pods. It does not occur when using the LG TV’s native apps (Hulu, Netflix, etc.) I’ve tried different cables including Audioquest Pearls (it’s only a 3 meter run). I’ve tried connecting the ATV to different HDMI inputs. I haven’t found anyway to make it stop once it starts while using ATV. However, when I’ve turned everything back on the next day, the sound is OK again. It recurs again after I watch a Dolby Atmos show. Would sure love a solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom