1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound connection to plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andysup2004, Jan 13, 2005.

1. andysup2004

andysup2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have bought the panny viera 42 and the panny scht 520 5.1 and would like to know how to connect it to my plasma for the best sound and what cables to buy at reasonable prices as my wife will go nuts if i spend much more as i told her everything was all in when i bought plasma :lease:

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    As you have bought an 'all in one' home cinema set up - I guess most of your inputs will go via this - as for the best sound - this is limited to where you position the speakers, the type of cable you use etc etc - might be worth checking the 'all in one' forum for this...

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If your dvd player has component outputs, connect this way. If not connect via a RGB scart this gives you the next best picture.

4. Ymegod

Ymegod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I may be wrong, and I suspect I am, but I thought that Andy was asking for the best source of audio for his plasma as opposed to the positioning of speakers etc.
    Wicket mentions connecting using component leads but I don`t think these leads carry audio do they ?
    I would also like to know the best source for audio to a plasma bearing in mind that it will be used as a television for all to use as opposed to a toy for me. I suspect it will be the Sky STB as most of our viewing is done thru this.