1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sound cards that sample at 44.1K

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Kaz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Kaz

Kaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I started with Realtek Audio on board sound card on my MSI MB.
    Even with ASIO drivers keeping windows out of it, this card always seems to sample everything to 48K (my Yamaha DSP A2 says as much).

So I tried an Audigy 2 I've got. It samples at 48K or 96K and as my amp can't use 96K the latter ain't much use.

Would a card that leaves CD plaback at 44.1K help matters much, which one, and is it worth it when I've got to have my old DVD player in the rack on stand by and it does a pretty good job with CDs?

2. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Get a Chaintech AV710 from somewhere like Computer Geeks in the US, comes to around £25 including shipping !

Using one now, it uses the Envy 24 chipset which doesn't resample so if you use ASIO and play MP3s they come out as 44.1KHz over the optical out. Check out this thread - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364771

I did flash my card first but had lots of jumping using the ASIO out, flashed it back to it's original BIOS and using ASIO4ALL and the Winamp ASIO plugin I now have proper 44.1khz out :)

3. Kaz

Kaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks, I may well get one!