1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Jon, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have posted this in the gaming section, but was advised that I might be better posting here. I would like to use my PC as a juke box but do not want a reduction in sound quality from my player which is the Pioneer DV757ai. Which card would you guys recomend for this, i'm not bothered about a digital out, just a high quality analogue out. The amp which it will be going into has USB input which i have not tried yet (Pioneer AX5i), is this going to be any use to me? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Cheers

Jon

2. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Jon, can't help you with the sound card but I have my PC connected to my amp via USB and use it for MP3 playback.

I performed a quick test by copying some MP3 to CD and then playing back the same tracks from my 868 DVD player and from the PC.
    With my limited abilities, I was not able to tell any difference in sound between either source.

The only problem with using the USB method is you have to change the 'Preferred Device' in Sounds And Multimedia and all audio is directed to the amp - including system sounds, etc.

3. Jon

Jon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brogan,

Thanks for that mate, well that will be good if i dont need to bother getting a card and the quality is as good! I will give it a go!!

Cheers

jon