1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card Question

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Garrett, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,009
    I just installed a new motherboard yesterday day and it seems though it is throwing a conflict with the soundcard, it seems to run OK without it yet forever locking up with it. It is a Soundblaster Live. If I load the drivers for the onboard sound card can I switch back to a sound card later can I switch the MB sound of later and if so how.

2. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    Normally the BIOS will disable the onboard sound automatically if it detects another sound device on boot up...

failing that, once you've got the soundblaster back in you can either disable the on-board sound manually in the BIOS, or disable the device in windows device manager

Have you tried running it in a different PCi slot? Its a longshot but may be worth a go...

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,009
    Thanks

Re-PCI slot, I did that last night in 3 other slots and ended up putting it back where it started rebooted 4 times as Zone Alarm seemed to be causing some trouble. Eventually it worked and started playing Thief and only lasted 5 minutes and got a lock up then on rebooting the mouse was froze on the desktop after re-booting several times with the same I took the card out, and things started working but get error 7716 appearing although every thing seem to work.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,009
    I have just installed the drivers for the onboard sound. In in the menu it brings up later it has the option of unistalling.

Thanks for the help The Dude :smashin: