1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Card Connectivity

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by WBC, Jun 1, 2005.

1. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a MAudio Card (24/96 or 192) and plan to have spdif into the 'Coax DVD In' on my receiver for lush 5.1 surround and normal analogue stereo interconnects into 'CD In' for when I'm listening to music in seperate rooms (the receiver allows you to setup one or two sets of speakers 'SpeakerA/SpeakerB per input).

Can I have two cables out of the sound card and can I function like this without having to play with driver and setup configuration?????

Thanks in Advance
    Stace

2. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You should be able to do this. The M-Audio cards come with a control panel applet that allows you to setup what is fed to each output.

I have had problems with the SPDIF output of my 24/96 cards, I get intermittent dropouts, which I think are probably due to the SPDIF level being slightly below spec. (I've checked 3 cards and they are all the same.) It's probably amp dependent, my problem is with a Meridian 561, they may work perfectly into another amp.

Bill

3. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you suggest I jump in with the MAudio 192?

4. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well if I was buying now I would get the 24/192, but I haven't tried one so I can't really comment.

Bill