Sound card advice needed!

thelostprophet

Novice Member
Hi all

My problem basically is that i have a 5.1 Logitech setup but i also use my Roccat 5.1 headphones a lot for gaming. Its becoming a real pain to constantly unplug one device to use the other. My mobo is also lacking on a digital coax output which i didnt realise when i bought it. Im perfectly happy with the quality but need a way to have both the Roccat and Logitech devices plugged in so i can switch between them. I need the digi coax to send audio to Onkyo for music etc if i want it on the big system.

Dont want to spend hundreds though if possible! :smashin:

thelostprophet

Novice Member
Thanks mate but tbh think im going to have to get a sound card anyway which will most likely have digi coax. Just need to know which one is going to sort out my other problem.

thelostprophet

Novice Member
If I got another sound card, and used that for the 5.1 headphones and use the onboard for the Logitech 5.1? Then I guess i would easily be able to change the active device to either card? Would that cause driver issues though?

GuitarGuy

thelostprophet said:
If I got another sound card, and used that for the 5.1 headphones and use the onboard for the Logitech 5.1? Then I guess i would easily be able to change the active device to either card? Would that cause driver issues though?

It wouldent cause driver issues no. If you got 2 third party cards it might. But that would work. Maybe something like a d2x or something would help you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom