Sound but black screen

Mattpreece

Novice Member
Hi my lg c1 has a problem I have a black screen but I have sound when I load my menu screen for firetick I have a picture but as soon as I play something ie itv hub I have sound but a black screen and the same happens on sky q the only things that seem to work fine are the built in app like netflix and prime any ideas 💡 thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Thanks that worked can I ask what it does ? I've only had the TV 6 weeks
It's hard to explain but It depletes any residual charge in capacitors and unlatches semiconductor switches etc.
It's the first thing to try with any electronic equipment with weird symptoms.
Anyway, glad to hear it cured it.

radriderx

I’ve had to power cycle my LG C1 twice in the 12 weeks I’ve had it. Once because the HDMI ports stopped working and tonight when we suddenly got a black screen, no video or sound and no response from the remote.
I’ve never had to do this with any other tv I’ve owned, is this a common trait with OLEDs or just a poor build from LG?

SATM

I’ve had to power cycle my LG C1 twice in the 12 weeks I’ve had it. Once because the HDMI ports stopped working and tonight when we suddenly got a black screen, no video or sound and no response from the remote.
I’ve never had to do this with any other tv I’ve owned, is this a common trait with OLEDs or just a poor build from LG?
I have had my LG OLED since 2014, and have never had to power cycle it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom