Sound Breakthrough

M

ma6235

I have a cheapish TV (14") and VCR. When playing tapes I can hear in the background the TV channel sound. Does anyone have any ideas to cure this ? They are connected via scart and coaxial leads, removing either does not cure the problem.

Thanks.

What you may find is that the scart lead which you are using could be causing the problem.

At the moment the scart lead is 2 way, Audio and Video going both ways. What you are best doing is to cut pins 1,3 and 19 from the scart plug which goes into the TV.

This makes the scart lead one way and also prevent "Cross Talk" from the audio and Video lines.

What happens is even though you switch the TV to "AV/Scart" the television is still receiving TV programs which are sent out of the scart socket on these pins which you should cut. 1and2 are audio and 19 is Video.

If the problem still happens it could be internal break through in the TV set, and if thats the case there is nothing you can do.

Good Luck

Delius

Delius,

Thanks very much for the reply, I'm slightly confused as you mention pins 1 & 3 and then pins 1 & 2. Which is correct please.

Regards,

Mike.

Sorry my fingers work quicker thank my Brain!!

1 and 3 on the TV scart Not 2 !!

Delius

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom