1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound blaster live 5.1 spdif Choppy sound.

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by ere, May 21, 2003.

1. ere

ere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just connected the spdif output from my Sound blaster live to my Sony str-de475 AV reciever. the dolby digital signal is getting decoded by the reciever but is sounding choppy. i have also connected it to my other sony amp Str-db1080 and still it is choppy. I am using powerdvd 4.0 as my dvd player and when the sound is output from 2 channel analogue it sounds fine. please can anybody help. :(

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi

I've got the same soundcard with Powerdvd and it passes DD and DTS no prob = what do you mean by choppy ?? is the picture stable, are you getting stuttering in the picture as well ?? Assume you're paassing spdif via coax... Is there a poor connection in the chain ?? Have you checked the adaptor you're using, (tried another ? - they're pennies in Maplins), check also the cable you're using - try to source a reasonably decent, not too long cable, (i.e. not half a very long audio interconnect - tho' I got it working fine with one of those initially......:blush: )

Come back and tell us more.........

Sean G.