Sound blaster digital problem

G

grayson

I have a soundblaster audigy2 soundcard, I have conected a 3.5mm adapter from the digital out on my soundcard to a single phono lead that goes into the coaxal amp, But when i try the test tone it only comes out of the left and right speakers. Can some one help

You need to turn off the AC3 decode setting in the Mixer advanced settings otherwise it'll decode 5.1 and put it through Left and Right only :)

Dave

I'm not using the Audigy, I'm using the SBLive!5.1 but I guess it uses the same software. When you're on that screen where you can tell it how many speakers you've got and test them, press SETTINGS and untick AC3 Decode :)

Dave

Do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Device Control
Decoder Tab
Select SPDIF Passthrough

Phill

The Audigy 2 cannot output anything more than 2.1 digital sound through the 3.5mm socket to anything other than Creative speakers.

The exception is where you configure a DVD movie player to use S/PDIF Passthrough and feed a signal from the coax or optical S/PDIF outputs (found on the Platinum and above versions) - the DVD's audio gets passed through the S/PDIF port.

There is no way to get a Creative card to encode and output real-time 5.1 digital audio on a single channel (eg, like Dolby or DTS).

I went over this (rather poorly, I must admit), on another thread. (either Soundblaster Digital or something else with a name like that)

[EDIT]
Sorry about confusing you in the other forum, Grayson. You cannot get Dolby Digital, or even S/PDIF Passthrough for DVD movies on the 3.5mm jack on SB Audigy (or in fact, any previous) cards.
[/EDIT]

I have no problems with Soundblaster Audigy ZS. You need to disable the card digital decoder in Control Panel so that you can use the external.

Connected is a 3.5mm lead to the coaxal on the receiver (Yamaha 1300). The sound test is still heard through only two speakers, but I get dobly 5.1 and dts playing dvds on windvd 5....a beautiful thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom