Sound bar/Sub with HTD Zone controller question

detty1024

Novice Member
Hi there! New to AV forums, thanks for having me. I recently moved into a house that has ceiling speakers everywhere. I bought an HTD zone controller to work with an Echo dot as my first source and play Spotify all over the house. Controller works great but I’d also like to see if I can connect the sound bar and sub as a new zone. That way I can have music play through the sound bar and sub, but also pick and choose the sound bar, plus living room ceiling speakers. Can I use an optical out of the tv into a receiver to connect the sound bar/sub speakers, then send that to the zone controller? If so, what kind of receiver should I be looking for? Ceiling speakers are all hard wired into each zone. Sound bar is passive I think(pic attached) The controller has up to 6 sources. Basically what I want to accomplish is the ability to have sound bar and sub play the tv sound with option of adding living room zone. And just play Spotify from my echo source coming out of the controller through the sound bar, sub, other zones, etc. lmk if I’m missing any details you’d need to know. Thanks all!!

Attachments

• 334D8A58-5976-4178-8B2F-0789E843FB76.jpeg
    334D8A58-5976-4178-8B2F-0789E843FB76.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 11

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom