Sound bar, possible to stream from pc?

Tommy Teapot

Hi,

Im looking to buy a sound bar as im finding the tv speakers really lame, id also like to stream from my pc to play music etc. Can anybody explain the options i have in streaming from my pc to the sound bar? ideally i would like to bluetooth if possible as it would cut down on the need for more wires, i was going to buy a dab radio but thought i might be able to stream radio stations from the pc as well? if i can stream via bluetooth from my pc will any sound bar with bluetooth be ideal for my use? ie i dont need a special codec as such built into the sound bar. The real main use for the sound bar will be tv and films, dab radio stations are a must as well.

I appreciate any help!

thanks a lot.

Member 566779

Hi, you have a couple of options really.
Some manufacturers do have soundbars with built in bluetooth or you can always get a separate bluetooth adaptor like the QED uPlay Puck QED - Wireless - uPlay - uPlay Puck

Both have pro's and cons. The Puck means you can choose from a wider range of Soundbar's (you just need an analogue input) it does however involve a couple more cables including it's own power supply.

Will the soundbar be on a stand or wall mounted?

Regards,

John

Tommy Teapot

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, those puck's look the ticket. The sound bar will be placed on a stand above the tv, the stand sits along the top of the tv so no wires will be noticeable at all. Ive been reading up on the bluetooth side of things on the pc, it looks like i need to be specific with which adapter i purchase, apparently there is audio driver issues with microsoft windows and certainly bluetooth products, i think they need to be "a2dp" compatible. Is this something that will be an issue?

i appreciate the help! thanks

Member 566779

Hi,

The Bluetooth adaptor does need to be A2DP and for the price of them get a usb 4.0 one just to ensure maximum future compatability. Also, bare in mind the soundbar will need to have a analogue input. Did you have a budget in mind?

Regards,

John

Tommy Teapot

Hi,

I was hoping to spend in the region of £200 - £300 on the sound bar (thats after ive bought the adapters and such), i dont want anything really top notch fancy, my main use will be to better my tv speakers as well as stream dab radio stations / music from the pc, i also hook up my pc to the tv so it will be handy to play games via it as well.

Thanks again.

Member 566779

Hi,

Take a look at this product: HTP-SLH600 (Archived) - Pioneer Europe

Looks perfect for you in the picture you will see 2 boxes. the top is a slim-line amp with lots of inputs, perfect for the bluetooth adaptor and the every changing technology landscape. The bottom box is a slim sub.

Forget price for now i realise at £750 this is way above budget. Just let me know what you think of the product.

With regard to bluetooth audio it will play any sound you would normally hear from the PC speakers. so games will be fine. It's also great for streaming from smartphones and tablets too ;)

Tommy Teapot

Hi,

Yea thats a lovely looking bit of kit. if only i had the funds hehe :) i was looking at a few which had wireless sub's, real nice tidy looking units. That bluetooth puck has really broadened my search, means i can really look at any unit rather than whats bluetooth enabled.

Thanks

luckysim0n

Have you poked at the sonos sound bar sounds like what your after and after listening to one the other day it's pretty awesome just a tad more than your budget but worth waiting for

Tommy Teapot

Hi,

I really appreciate the offer, i really do. ive been mulling over it an i think its a bit advanced for what im really looking for. i dont really need all those extra connections and such. It's a gorgeous piece of kit tho! again, i appreciate the offer.

Thanks again!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom