Question Sound bar low volume

Edgie70

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , hope you can help , I have a yas 306 Yamaha sound bar , connected to sky HD box via optical , if I have the volume on the bar at half way it's quite low the volume , it only kicks in if I have it on three quarters and above , it does go pretty loud but it has to be three quarters and above , anyone elses bar thru sky like this ??? Thank you

Not trying to be funny, but I'm not sure what your problem is, have you tried taking the optical from the TV instead to see if it is any different ?

Basically , I can put the bars volume on a quarter and i can hardly hear it , put it on half and it's still quiet , it's only when it's three quarters and above that it actually has decent volume , I thought that it should be louder when on a half than what it is

My TV doesn't have an optical , I've got a coaxial from TV to bar , still low volume when watching sky , perhaps it's just sky's low output

Im not sure what the issue is either. You turn the volume lower and it is quieter. You turn it up and it gets louder? Im confused.

The issue was that the sky HD box outputs low volume , it's a well discussed subject in the sky forum , use freeview with my bar and all is fine , not sure why most replies on here all sound arsy tho

Sorry, I just found it amusing. Didnt realise the sky output was so low but that would make sense.

I have a similar issue (YAS 306). When it's play from the TV (connected to the TV via an optical cable) I've got to turn i WAY UP. If I switch to Spotify and forget to turn it down it nearly "blows the bloody doors off". A bit annoying. Music from Spotify sound blooming great on it though. Jury's out on the TV sound though.

Hi El Tonto , are you watching sky TV when it's really quiet ?? That was my issue , watch Freeview and like you say Spotify and it's absolutely fine , it's as though sky need to amplify their sound output more , I even have to put my TV volume up when watching sky and turn it down if I put Freeview on , thanks for your reply

No, not Sky. Just freeview HD through the TV. The sound bar is connected direct to the TV with an Optical cable. I'll dig around in the TV settings for a solution, but I'm not holding my breath. It's annoying as I was hoping for a seamless experience that just works. I wounder if people have this problem with Sonos?

Good point , wonder if anyone else with another make of soundbar has the same problems

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom