Sound bar issues on bbc 1 HD

Winatron

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I have a sound bar that works perfect on every channel but bbc 1 Hd. The problem only started yesterday, I’m using a optical cable. The sound cuts out every 30 seconds. When I use Bluetooth it’s a bit better but the quality isn’t great. Anyone else ever encountered this?

So I have a sound bar that works perfect on every channel but bbc 1 Hd. The problem only started yesterday, I’m using a optical cable. The sound cuts out every 30 seconds. When I use Bluetooth it’s a bit better but the quality isn’t great. Anyone else ever encountered this?

No.

But there was a recent major Freeview update last Wednesday. Is that how you receive BBC HD channels?

Does your Optical cable click into place? If you're only having problems with one channel, it does suggest a transmission issue rather than a hardware problem at your end.

When did you last run an update on your TV?

I receive bbc channels through my virgin media box. It’s only bbc 1 thats having the issue so that’s why it’s so strange. My tv is updated on the 11th but the issue started on Monday.

I receive bbc channels through my virgin media box. It’s only bbc 1 thats having the issue so that’s why it’s so strange. My tv is updated on the 11th but the issue started on Monday.

I don't know anything about the Tivo box, I admit.

There's one at work (I work for someone in his own home) and I deleted a recorded programme after I'd watched it, except it still appears in "My Shows". When I now try to delete it, the box says it doesn't recognise the channel (SyFy HD), but that channel is there in the listings!

What I'm trying to say is that the Tivo box doesn't always run super smooth. Can you reboot it or will you lose all your unwatched recordings?

I’ve tried all that and the issues are still there. I’m getting a new tv next week so fingers crossed that fixed it but I am thinking it’s nothing to do with the tv so I’m a bit stumped

I’m using a optical cable

From the TV to the soundbar or direct from the V6?
If from the TV try it direct from the V6
It's unlikely to be your TV and more likely to be a bug in the V6.

I can assure you it has.
It's next to the power socket.

It does! It’s just irritating now. Just won’t watch bbc 1 now, no great loss!!

Have you informed Virgin Media of this issue?

You may have a faulty box which could affect other channels potentially. And you're missing out on "Match Of The Day"! :eek:

I haven’t yet, I just find it really strange but after I get a new tv contacting Virgin will be next step. MOTD will be a loss but I can watch it on the iplayer cause that’s fine, and even watching live tv on the iplayer is fine so I’m stumped with it all to be honest.

MOTD is broadcast on DTT/DSAT with DD5.1 audio. That may be relevant. The sound bar may not be able to handle the audio. What soundbar is it?

Clem

I am getting intermittent sound drops for milliseconds on BBC1 HD only on freeview. This has been happening for around a week on my LG OLED no sound bar and on the blackhill transmitter outside Glasgow. I think its a broadcasting issue. Tried manual channel updating etc. but its still there. You will only notice it during speech if its in the middle of a word, not really noticed it during music etc. though.

I am getting intermittent sound drops for milliseconds on BBC1 HD only on freeview. This has been happening for around a week on my LG OLED no sound bar and on the blackhill transmitter outside Glasgow. I think its a broadcasting issue. Tried manual channel updating etc. but its still there. You will only notice it during speech if its in the middle of a word, not really noticed it during music etc. though.
Same here in Edinburgh. On BBC1 HD I am getting the same sound issues. Thought it may have been the TV as just got a new Sony OLED. Do you have any more information?

No info. Noticed a few people mentioning it on a Samsung forum as well and people sending TV's back and things.
Give it a while and the BBC should sort it. Are you on the blackhill transmitter as well?

No info. Noticed a few people mentioning it on a Samsung forum as well and people sending TV's back and things.
Give it a while and the BBC should sort it. Are you on the blackhill transmitter as well?

David - don't know if either of these two websites might help you both?

cheers Derek,

I recon give it a few days more and it will correct itself. If I bother watching bbc 1 HD it may get to me a bit more but I don't. I tend to only watch the news on it.

Just think people need to consider its not an equipment issue before wasting time sending equipment back.

I tried to earlier on my phone but messed it up. Will try later on the pc. That said just turned the news on bbc1 hd and not heard any clipping do far tonight

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom