Sound bar for £300 what should I go for?

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Khurum, May 15, 2019 at 2:09 PM.

1. Khurum

Khurum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchasing my new tv (LG B855pla) What im looking for is a sound bar with a subwoofer, my budget is approx £300 what can you guys recommend me to go for? Also I have sky q and a PS4, how will the sound come from eg the PS4 if it only has one hdmi which connects to the tv?
    I’m sorry if I sound like a noob.

2. carl.waring

carl.waring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there!

I've been looking into these things too, recently so thought I'd tell you what I have decided to get; although it's a soundbase not a soundbar. Doesn't need a separate sub as has one in the unit. :)

After doing some research and reading reviews I have decided to buy a Cambridge Audio TV5 v2. Here's a review and here's the best price I can currently find for it.

Hope that helps.

As long as you have your TV connected to via HDMI ARC then, as far as I know, any sound from the TV (incl your PS4) should be routed through the Soundbase.

Don't worry. I'm barely an amateur never mind an expert ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM
  3. Khurum

Khurum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reply, I will read up about this and make a choice. Would I need a 5.1 sound bar or will 2.1 do the job?

In regards to the hdmi cable, so as long as it’s goes From the sound bar to the tv’s arc port, everything else connected (PS4, sky q) will come out sound bar?

4. psychopomp1

psychopomp1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +429
    If you can stretch your budget to £347, consider the newly released Sony HT-X8500 soundbar. I recently bought this for my TV. Its a one piece Dolby Atmos soundbar, supports eARC and gives out superb audio, especially when listening to Atmos content (eg through Netflix or Xbox). Of course there are better soundbars costing more but at this price point, the Sony is a superb performer for the money.