Question Sound bar - Distortion/Muffled sound when playing content

Mrricey85

Novice Member
Hi all,

I need some help with an issue I'm having regarding my current setup. I have the LG OLED65CX6LA TV, LG SN9YG sound bar and the Panasonic UB820 Blu-ray player. I’ve connected the HDMI to the eARC port from the sound bar to the eARC port on the TV, I then connected the HDMI to the Blu-ray player in to the Sound bar. I played Godzilla: King Of Monsters 4K UHD movie (Support for Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos) the picture plays fine but only in HDR and not in Dolby Vision!?! The sound is absolutely terrible!! All I get is distortion (Muffled sound) and not showing in Dolby Atmos either. I’ve played around with the settings on the TV (Changing Sound output to ARC) and enabling eARC, I even tried factory resetting all the products above with no luck whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong here or is one of the products above defective. Any help would be much appreciated! 🙏

Also, when switching the “Digital sound out” to PCM instead of pass through seems to fix the sound issue when the HDMI is connected from the Blu-ray player port to the eARC port from the TV which is a little odd, but again not out putting in Dolby Vision or Atmos.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom