sound bar arc issues with splitter

taffybhoy

Novice Member
hi, new to the forum, so apologies if posting in the wrong section.

we have a samsung 55" tv with a LG soundbar connected to the hdmi1/arc socket. in the 2nd hdmi port on the tv we have the freesat box. all worked fine, soundbar turns on and off with tv, sound fine etc.

we have now connected a playstation up to the tv aswell. as there is only 2 hdmi ports on the tv, both already being used as above, i bought a splitter and connected this to the end of the cable that comes from hdmi2 on the tv. from this the signal now splits between the freesat box and the playstation, with a single button to press on the splitter to swap between them.

however, this has caused an issue. it doesn't matter whether the freesat or the playstation is set on the splitter, the tv doesn't always turn the soundbar on. sometimes it turns on fine, other times i have to manually turn it on. once on, it works perfectly, and the tv always turns the soundbar off when the tv turns off.

i don't understand why a splitter on hdmi2 causes an issue with switch on of the soundbar using arc? i thought it was the tv signal being on that turns a soundbar on rather than what else is plugged in to other hdmi sockets?

i have done the usual unplug everthing, alter the plug in sequence etc.

any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom