SOUND and vision?

U

ubik

Does everyone think a separate sound system is worth it?
Working on a budget of approx £1400, I was going to buy
the sony fs66 for £799 and then spend the rest on a sound system like the Aego P5.
The alternative seems to be just getting the FQ80 or the LS76 for £1400 and living with the inbuilt sound.

Simple answer is yes,a surround sound setup is worth every penny. Been using mine for about three weeks now and movies are just so much more involving.However,I would be careful you don't compromise too much and end up with a telly you're unhappy with.If buying the one you have your heart set on means getting surround later on,then that's the way to do it.Rome wasn't built in a day,as the saying goes!

good point silent,
but with the impending birth of baby ubik,
I fear a compromise will be the best solution.

ah, wheres that lottery win when you really need it!

i have to switch off my tv speakers everytime I turn it on so I can listen through my seperate amp/speakers and I race to do it now because the TV sounds so bad compared to the sound system. without hesitation do it. and the aego p5 sounds very good with tv, movies and games too. a great package at a very reasonable price.

ubik,if your financial situation dictates it's a "job lot"situation,or having to forego surround sound altogether,then yes,get the lot now!That's why the "a" is in "av";if you don't have the audio setup you don't have an av system!Anyway,if you're buying any of the top brand t.v's then you're getting something decent.To quote the old Nike adverts,"just do it"!

thanks guys,
I think i have just made my mind up at last.
fs66 and the aego P5.
gotta do the research!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom