Sound and Vision

trudieb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I am current looking to purchase a panny TH-42PE50B-CAB and Sound & Vision seem to have a good deal with a free DMRES10 DVD RECORDER currently £1551 free delivery and 1yrs warranty.

I was just basically wondering if anyone had bought from Sound & Vision before and what experiences they have had, and if anyone has the same Panny what do you think?

I've been search the web for good deals for about a month now and my head is :rotfl: with all the deals.

Cheers :smashin:
Trud

I bought a Pioneer HD/DVD recorder off them a few weeks back - no problems and very quick

I've only ever had good experiences buying from them.

I bought a 42PE50 with wall mount a few months ago and they were out of stock of Panasonic's own wall mounts, so for the same price they gave me the plasma with the pedestal stand and threw in a generic wall mount for nothing extra.

Their shop is local to me, so I can't say whether you'd get the same level of treatment buying online, but for me they get a thumbs up.

Many thanks for ya advice. :thumbsup: I shall probably still shop around abit, but this is defo the plasma I want.

Cheers
Trud

Purchased some AE Evo speakers from them,paid for them and it took over 3 months to receive them.First they were 1 short then someone in the warehouse apparently stole them,and then 'the computer did not order them because it thought I had already had them.
I found them pretty unhelpful and I was dealing with them face to face,dread to think the problems I would have encountered if I bought from the website.
I still use them though because they are handy.

I have had a few dealings with Sound & Vision over the years. The first time I bought a pair of B & W speakers - a good price and no problems at all.

The second time I bought a Sony AV receiver. Unfortunately, just outside of the guarantee, it would occasionally switch itself off. I went back to see what could be done and I was told that AV receivers had come on along way in just over a year and I should buy a new one. I thought that they may offer to have the receiver looked at by one of there engineers to see what it would cost to repair, but I was simply told that it wouldn't be worth it. I did eventually buy a new receiver elsewhere.

The last time I contacted S & V (with some reservations) I was after a price for a plasma screen, infact the model that I eventually bought. I was told that they could get one for me for the best price anywhere. They asked where and what was the best price I could get one for, I told them, and their reply was it must be imported stock or a returned item. Anyway, they still insisted they could sell one for a better price and they would call me back soon. I called them back a day or so later, they apologised for not calling back and said they would definitely call me by the end of the day. Nothing. This was repeated a couple of times. The final time I called them, almost a week later, I was given the same apologies, call you back etc. I then ordered from the company that gave me the good price that Sound & Vision were trying to beat. I'm still waiting for S & V to call back nine months later.

Finally, a friend of mine has a brother who ordered a plasma screen from S & V. After being given two or three failed delivery dates, he was told that the screen would be dropped off in the early hours one morning, directly from the warehouse to save him having to take another day off work. He got up very early (4am comes to mind) and needless to say it didn't turn up. He also went elsewhere in the end.

Form your own opinions about those facts but I certainly wouldn't contemplate buying from S & V again.

I ordered a th42pe50 form sound and vision :

Good customer service, The guys there seemed very knowledgable and threw in a component lead for £30 instead of £55 and gave me 12 months interest free credit instead of 9. :thumbsup:

It took a little longer then i would of liked being delivered (7 days), on the delivery day, i had to ring them, they said their van had broke down and had to get a new one. :thumbsdow

Later that day the guy rang to say his clutch had gone (and the dog ate his homework)and could he come the next day.

I had to take another sickie :rolleyes:

I was told that the van was specially designed for transporting plasma's, load of old bull, the van was a normal van, and a good job i was there because there is only one of them to drag your plasma in to your house.

The delivery company seemed to be a bit of a let down to the professionalism of sound and vision.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom