1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound and Vision Show

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Truffles, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Truffles

Truffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know whether the Show is the place to go to see Plasma displays? The showguide tells you loads about hifi but I can see very little indication of the 'vision'.

2. MattB

MattB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last year it was basically a waste of time for plasmas, mainly old (and horrible) Fujitsus. The only (then) current plasmas were a 50" panasonic that looked very washed out, and a 50" Fujitsu in the Arcam room that looked very good. Certainly last year it was all about hifi apart from isolated items of video interest like the TAG room where they demonstrated their new progressive scan option.

3. Truffles

Truffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats very disappointing for such a high profile show.

Bearing in mind that I live in the West Country, where would members recommend the best place to view as many plasmas as possible. I don't mind travelling as long as its worth it. Its very difficult choosing or even comparing home cinema/theatre systems when the small shops down here can't afford to stock anything more than the bare minimum.

4. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This months issue of What Hi Fi Sound & Vision has a list of all the exhibitors and a list of their showcase items.

Can't wait personally. I'm off on the Friday.... hopefully it will be a little less crowded.

Tim;)

5. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been to Bristol show for the last 3 years. Plasma has never featured highly (apart from Fuji and maybe one other). I've scanned through the list of exhibitors and can't see it being any better this year.
    Therefore, I agree that it is hardly a Sound and VISION show.
    I may well still go (250 miles round trip) but that's as much to see various bits of new hi-fi.
    It's a great opportunity that the collective plasma and projector industry misses.

Rgds

Nick