Sound and Vision online retailer - help needed

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by conaboy, Jan 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. conaboy

conaboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post on here but I've been lurking around for months! Learned a lot of info and made my decision to but a Toshiba 42Z3030DB with all the reviews and feedback from the forum.:thumbsup:

Now to my problem:rolleyes:

Ordered this tv from Sound and Vision online over 3 weeks ago. Told 5-7 days for delivery, after repeated phone calls I was informed the tv had been sent for dispatch. (two weeks later)

I was told I would be notified by e-mail 2 days before delivery by the courier then called in the morning to give me an approx time. Never heard anything until I came home from work and found their card.

To cut a long story short, I had to drive a 70 mile round trip to the depot to collect my TV.

Now, at this point I was willing to forgive all, just wanted my new TV on the wall and working.

Came home, took my old LCD off the wall, set up the new bracket, took the new TV out the box and ...... SCREEN IS CRACKED:eek:

At this point i am SERIOUSLY ANGRY:censored:

I phone Sound and Vision and they refuse to discuss the matter with me until I have submitted a form online and sent it to them. They will not pass me to speak to a manager or supervisor.

What I would like to know is, has anyone else on here had a similar experience with Sound and Vision? What is the likely outcome if you have and does anyone know if I can now cancel my order for a full refund if they do not sort it ASAP?

I ended up telling them I wanted to cancel my order but they wouldn't accept it until I had completed the form and they investigate further.

This has now completely put me off shopping online, thinking of trying to get my money back ASAP then going into a real shop to haggle the best deal I can.

:(

2. Zzebedee

Zzebedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +431
    can't help but please update the thread whenever there are new developments, i was possibly gonna order from these

3. conaboy

conaboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To update this thread, had a call from Sound and Vision yesterday(day after I logged my problem) and they have made arrangements to collect my damaged TV and replace it with a new one at the same time.:smashin:

Must admit, they have been very professional. :oops:

I will update the thread when I receive the new tv but on the strength of how they have dealt with the damaged tv i would use them again.

In my opinion the courier(Amtrack) has been at fault with the delivery problems and most likely damaged the panel. :rolleyes:

4. Dioscuri

Dioscuri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm on my 3rd Z series from S&V, all have had bad clouding. Having seen how Amtrak handle the TV's, I'm convinced that they might be the cause of the clouding. :mad:

5. bb_forrest

bb_forrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you call Sound and Vision generally you get to the shop.

The internet people don't seem to answer the phone.

Consequently the shop guys will ask you to raise a ticket on the website so that the website people get it.

I may buy from them but I am only 10 miles away from them so I'll go and pick it up myself.

Having said that I'm waiting for the ZF Toshiba to turn up.

6. conaboy

conaboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree, picked mine up from the Amtrak depot, was NOT impressed with the way they handled the tv.

I've asked for my next delivery to handled by someone else, will find out when it turn up if they listened to me