1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound and Vision (Bolton) story

Discussion in 'TVs' started by hurricane, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurricane

hurricane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In January 2002 I brought a Tosh 50inch RVTP from sound and vision (Bolton). Salesman was George (Scottish guy). When it arrived the back of the TV housing was damaged. So I rang back , tried to get a hold of George but couldn't. So I spoke to another chap and asked for a replacement. They initially said I had to send it in first for testing. I wasn't having any of it and asked for a full refund.
    In the next 5 minutes George rings up and offers to replace the TV, but I will have to wait for stock to arrive.
    I agreed to this.
    10 weeks later I was still waiting for them to get stock of this TV in. I again said no more waiting I want a refund, he then offers me an extended two years warrently and a £300 refund. Since the TV works apart from the damage at the back of the TV . I agreed to this.
    So after three weeks I still have not had the £300 refund. Every time I ring to speak to George, he says, yes it will be done this afternoon.
    I rang my visa company , just to make sure there are no problems with the visa account. The visa lady offered to call Sound and Vision to speak to George. And guess what , he told her , 'yes I will sort it out this afternoon'.
    After advice from my Visa people , if I have not received the credit by this Friday , I should contact trading standards and ask for the TV to be returned and a Full refund given.

I then rang George of sound and vision back again , to explain that I have been told to contact trading standards if a credit is not applied to my visa account. He says ' the MD is now on holiday for 3 weeks, but he will try to sort it out'. What about the three weeks he was here and it wasn't sorted out !!??

Well thats my story so far, I will keep you updated as it develops.
    Interesting that I'm not the only one on this forum that has had problems with this company ...

2. MoonsSpawn

MoonsSpawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish you the best of luck bud. My horror story with S&V is still continuing and doesn't look like being resolved any time soon.

As for George, he was the salesman that sold me my Tosh 36zp. I bought this tv on his reccomendation that it is capable of outputing progressive scan.

What a load of ********. It doesn't and when I rang him back up he denied all knowledge of his ever telling me this. "I know my products," he qothed. "And would never tell you any such thing about the 36zp."

Yeah right.

Steve Fenn.

3. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Why am i not surprised to hear this story about Sound And Vision...
    Maybe we should all get together and open up our own AV store!!!

4. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i was you i would get yourself a FULL refund while you still can and buy a new tv from elsewhere.
    I haven't read anything but bad posts about this company.

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,662
    Markster - you want to look at posts more fully - there are several good reports.
    I'm not lettng this be a repeat of the other S+V thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.