Sound and Vision and Panny 5 year guarantee

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Scholesy, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Scholesy

Scholesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A mate went to their shop today and bought a px60 50" and was told they couldnt give him the 5 year guarantee, he couldnt remember the exact reason why, does anyone know any reason why this wouldnt be the case?>

2. Olaup

Olaup
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The offer ended on the 24th December I seem to recall

3. waxxy

waxxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    yeah the offer ranout on christmas eve .

i managed to buy one on christmas eve for £944 with the wall bracket and 5 year gaurantee and less than a week later the bastards have dropped the price too £830 now !! for the same thing but woithout the 5 year gaurantee ive not got my tv yet from them and im seriously thinking of telling them too shove it before they deliver it im pretty ****** off about it now.

i asked them at the time would they drop the price as a few stores were selling it cheaper but they efused saying they wernt doing the 5 year gaurantee with it thats why i bought it but from what ive read it doesnt seem the 5 year gaurantee is worth anything anyway im sh*tting it in case i get the purple snakes thing and they wont change or do anything abpout it .. what do u think i should do ..? my wife says stick ith it because ive got a 5 year gaurantee but im scsared even if i do get a fault they wont fix or change it for me ..:(

4. Donk01

Donk01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Possible Purple snakes issue aside, IMHO you got a good deal, and your wife is right. Assuming its the 'Take Hollywood Home' promotion, its a manufacturers warranty underwritten by Panasonic you have which should be better than a third party insurance offering, and I'm pretty sure is worth more than the 114 quid extra you paid.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Yep, I'd take a £114 hit for a 5 year manufacturers warranty any day of the week.

6. waxxy

waxxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    ok guys thanks for your help :)

my wifes giving me the """ i told you so "" look lol

ok ill keep quite and just keep onto the maufactures gaurantee i didnt know it was better than a shop gaurantee i just pray i dont have purple snakes when i get my plasma in a week or so i still need to finish my decorating and for a big kick in the balls a main pipe burst today covering my living room in water im glad id only started plastering and hdnt p[ut the tv and new wood floor down or id have been crying ..thanks again

7. razbox

razbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I don't know who started this purple snakes stuff but I've never seen any and I have a PX600 and a PX60. I wish people would stop mentioning them...:)