Sound And Video Problems with Vista MCE

culagh

Standard Member
Reaction score
After a Lot of trial and tribulation I finally got MCE to work Full Screen on my 37"LCD. The trouble is I have no sound and when I run Live TV the resulting Picture looks to be took big for the screen and is not as sharp as I hoped.

I'm Running Vista MCE using a Asus M2A-VM HDMI MB with on board ATI Video and Realtec sound. The TV card is a twin tuner Azurewave/Twinhan AD-TE700 PCI EXpress card. Initially I had problems with Getting the TV card to work as I thought I had to use certain drives BDA Drives but when It didn't work I use the normal Drives and I got it up in running. What drives should I use ?

The Other problem is sound. At the moment I'm using a DVI-HDMI cable to get the Graphics Running at 720p but of course DVI is without sound. When I try to connect a HDMI cable directly to the TV from the Daughter board, nothing seems to happen.

Anyone got any ideas what to do next as if I could get these points working I would be in Heaven.

Thank you in anticipation

Can be confusing because I've seen "non-MCE" drivers called BDA drivers, and MCE drivers called BDA drivers. You want the ones that work :D

Yep, no sound on DVI, you might find that there's no sound on your HDMI, either - not all do (just looked and it does say that it does on the asus site)

I have to switch mine (DVI+Toslink) to digital output on the realtek drivers to get the toslink to work, but unlike some my analogue stays active when I do. I can't remember the exact setting - DTS Interactive or something.

I'm interested in this mobo, so keep us updated :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom