Sound advice...

PFM

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sound card that will allow me to output a digital coaxial signal to my Tag AVR32 that will allow it to decode PCM, 5.1, (and or even DTS etc)

Im a bit confused with regard the signalling formats (spdif etc)

any one got any reccomendations?:smashin:

I use a Soundblaster 4.1 and that can output DD/DTS EX/ES/Discrete etc via spdif. In fact, I only have the spdif conneected, and all sounds are routed via that. My amp is a Denon 3802 and that works very well with it.

You also need a 3.5mm jack to phono converter which you can get from Maplins for around £1.50, and the SB 4.1 can be had quite cheaply (£12.65):

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=43053

HTH

Gary.

Thanks Gary, would the 5.1 card be better, if for example I wanted to watch DVDs via the PC.

I'd suggest an M-Audio with a Tag receiver. Don't want to be seen "skimping" on a cheap soundcard now do you ;)

AFAIK, the M-Audio (& most soundcards for that matter) have a separate SPDIF output so the "regular" analogue outputs can be permanently connected to PC speaker package etc.. (although SPDIF output may need to be deactivated in software).

:smoke:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom