1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sound Advice needed

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by woody123, Dec 1, 2003.

1. woody123

woody123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just got round to trying get my DVD player to work with the Denon 3803.

I've plugged the DVD player it in through the coax and also through the optical link but the denon does seem to recognise the signal. I've told my DVD player to output Dolby Digital and also PCM - still no go. I've also tried a DTS disk as well, still no.

I've tried my xbox's optical lead and that doesn't work.

I've also tried my Cd players coax connection and that doesn't work - however this does work when i force it to use analogue.

Have i missed something obvious out when setting up the denon?

I know all these connections work as I plug them back into my old Yamaha and there's no problems at all.

Help - any I going mad or is it a duff unit?

Thanks

James

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    First make sure you have assigned the correct digital input. This is done from the main onscreen setup menu. Assign Coax 1 to DVD or Optical 1 to DVD, whichever socket you are plugged in to. Also make sure the amp is set to AUTO so that it automatically locks onto each signal type, e.g Digital, Analogue, etc etc. Press the AUTO button on the front panel of the amp. :)