Quantcast

SoulCalibur VI Review (PS4)

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I've only played the first waaaaay back when. Does it still feature large bouncy fun bags?

Kotatsu Neko

I played this to death on the DC. Such a great game. The sequels never grabbed me as much though.

I'm tempted to give this one a go all the same, but the permanently blurry backgrounds are really offputting. If I'd be an env artist on this one, I'd be furious that my work was forever lost in a sea of smudge and haze, and I'd also give the art director a good punch.

mikeysthoughts

I've only played the first waaaaay back when. Does it still feature large bouncy fun bags?
That was more a feature of the Dead or Alive series, IIRC.

The original SC was a top 3 Dreamcast game, Great fun to be had, and much more accessible than the more technically minded fighters. More "Fighters Megamix" than "Virtua Fighter 2"...

Last edited:

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Yeah that's the one. What a game. :D

humanfish

Do people still play fighters?! Other than SF?
More power to'em if it sells.

davidcharles

yea...we should play more fighters but online is king now so 2 people sitting next to each other beating crap out of each other is rare...which is why it won't sell well.

Demon Luci

A big part of the problem with fighters is that (to the untrained eye) they all look like pretty much the same game.

The last time a fighting game felt fresh IMHO was SFII way back...

winka45

Last soul cal I had was on the 360 then One where Xbox got yoda and ps3 got Vader.

Slightly off topic but I loved Bushido blade on the ps1, would love a reboot or follow up to that.

addyb

Distinguished Member
I bought this on the X. First Calibur game I've owned since SC2 on the Dreamcast. Tis good fun.

GingerRocky

That was more a feature of the Dead or Alive series, IIRC.

The original SC was a top 3 Dreamcast game, Great fun to be had, and much more accessible than the more technically minded fighters. More "Fighters Megamix" than "Virtua Fighter 2"...
now fighters megamix, that was a GOOD game!